For Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc and Waldo Counties
Contact: Michael Scheib, LCSW
Address: 280 State Street, Augusta, ME 04330
To make a referral, call us or mail a referral form to
Contact: Sarah Minzy, LMSW-CC, Family Counselor
Address: 280 State St, Augusta, ME 04330
Since 1985, Home Based Family Services (HBFS) has offered intensive, short-term counseling designed to help families provide safe home environments for their children and family. Geared toward children with behavioral or emotional difficulties, this program also offers community reintegration services for children being released from residential, correctional, or foster care placement.
HBFS is offered in Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc and Waldo Counties.
HCI will not discriminate against any applicant or recipient for service because of race, color, creed, sex, handicap, age, sexual orientation, religion, genetic disposition, ancestry or national origin.
Who We Serve
MaineCare families are eligible for services provided they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Child under age 20 with MaineCare or Katie Beckett coverage
- Child has behavioral, emotional, or mental health needs as indicated by a DSM IV diagnosis or DC 0-3 diagnosis (HCI can provide assessment and diagnosis)
Services are provided by a team of two – an LCSW Clinician, and an LSW Behavioral Health Professional. Services are:
- Delivered in client homes
- Short term – up to three months in duration
- Require adult family member participation
- Involve collaboration with other community providers
- Designed to help make positive changes in family functioning
- Advocate for child and family safety
- Provide supported referrals to community resources
- Help families understand their child’s behavior and development better by looking at their child’s strengths and challenges
- Directed toward using more natural and community supports to stabilize change
Funding is provided by MaineCare for MaineCare eligible families.
Private pay and insurance by arrangement.